Okay…S.A.V.E. is well on it’s way to success! S.A.V.E. Sustaining A Village Everyday, has a mission statement, six planned larger fundraisers, along with several smaller ones. I am SOO proud of these guys and I know you will be too. One thing I want to highlight is that EVERY aspect of this program has been written and decided upon by the teens, I’m just the grown up helping guide.
The Mission Statement is: A teen led initiative inspired by our blessings, created to combat malnutrition by providing the knowledge, sustenance and resources for the betterment of those in need.
The Program’s Bible verse: 1st Peter 4:10 – Based on the gifts they have received, everyone should use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God
Where the money will go: The money will be directed to several villages in Haiti where we have missionaries who will help orchestrate fulfilling the need.
Sunday March 6: S.A.V.E. Fanfare Event at Bob Parks Realty from 2:30 -4:00pm 1535 West Northfield Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN. 37129. What it is…An opportunity for the teen in YOUR life to get connected to participate. Bring them or Send them, it’s going to be AWESOME! We will need adults as well, come check it out and plug in yourself!
Larger Fundraisers & how you can help…100% of the money raised will go to fight Malnutrition within the Villages
1. 24 hour Famine April 8th & 9th- The teens will go a full 24 hours WITHOUT food. They will have activities and events to enlighten each other on the effects of Malnutrition and hunger. HOW YOU CAN HELP- Sponsor a teen if they ask OR call me and I’ll help you sponsor a teen…AND if you know a teen, encourage them to participate
2. Car Wash, in May, – They will wash your CAR and raise money while doing it! The location is yet to be determined but I will post when they figure it out. HOW YOU CAN HELP- Buy a ticket when they sell them
3. 5K Run, in July- HOW YOU CAN HELP- We will need adult volunteers & participants as well as teens to be a part. The entry fee will be determined before long
4. Art, Jewelry & Bake Sale- In October, the talent these kids bring to this opportunity is unlimited! They will be working with other teens to finalize fine art, jewelry and baked goods to sell on behalf of S.A.V.E. HOW YOU CAN HELP- Donate homemade Art, Jewelry or Baked Goods when we need them….AND attend the sale when we have it. Shop for Christmas, for yourself, or donate!!
5. Teen Clothing Sale- In August, the teens will sell slightly worn clothes that have been donated to S.A.V.E. HOW YOU CAN HELP- Help your teens go through their clothing and donate them to our cause! We will also need adult and teen volunteers to help work the sale:)
6. S.A.V.E. Rave- In December, This event will celebrate the end of our program for 2011. It will be the push to the finish line for our effort to raise money. We hope to have a dinner for adults then a dance event for teens afterwards. HOW YOU CAN HELP: Buy a ticket when they are sold…We will also need adult & teen volunteer workers…AND anyone who might have a connection for a venue??
There will be more information to come, especially as the specifics become more concrete. Please encourage the teens in your life to participate, you won’t regret it! See you guys on March 6th!!! Please send this to your kids, friends, and family. Repost Repost Repost! Thanks SOO much!